Wiring diagram for Evinrude controls.

fierodough

Cadet
Good morning!

I hope someone can help me out, I have a 30 HP 97 Evinrude with OMC controls. E30EEUD is my model#.

I woudl like the wiring digrams for the controls. I would like to know if I can tap in a tach and temp guage (or any other gauges and indicators)

Thank you!

Haffiman

Commander
Re: Wiring diagram for Evinrude controls.

In the harness between engine and remote, there are some different possibilities for doing that providing you have the original System Check wiring.
At the remote end of the extension cable you should have 1 Purple, 1 Black and 1 Grey with a ring terminal which is B+, B- and tach signal. It should even be a big 12 pin contact that fits into the original System Check instruments and has the same 3 leads included.
From 'boats DOT net:
http://www.**********/parts/search/OMC/OBAccessories/1999/ELECTRICAL/INSTRUMENT CABLE/parts.html

replace the ***** with 'boats dot net', link gets killed by IBoats.

fierodough

Cadet

In the harness between engine and remote, there are some different possibilities for doing that providing you have the original System Check wiring.
At the remote end of the extension cable you should have 1 Purple, 1 Black and 1 Grey with a ring terminal which is B+, B- and tach signal. It should even be a big 12 pin contact that fits into the original System Check instruments and has the same 3 leads included.
From 'boats DOT net:
http://www.**********/parts/search/OMC/OBAccessories/1999/ELECTRICAL/INSTRUMENT CABLE/parts.html

replace the ***** with 'boats dot net', link gets killed by IBoats.

Thanks for the info! I noticed this is for a 99.. Would this still apply to my 97?

cheers!
Eric

Haffiman

Commander

Should apply for all with System Check wiring. (from around 96)