Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1990 Johnson 60 HP VRO Power Head Rebuild - Torque Specs ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Johnson 60 HP VRO Power Head Rebuild - Torque Specs ?

Anyone here know the torque specs for connecting rod bolts, crank case and head bolts ?
    Do I need loctite on anything ?
    And do you use gasket sealer on new head gasket or just bolt the new one on ?

Thanks
    Shawn

Re: 1990 Johnson 60 HP VRO Power Head Rebuild - Torque Specs ?

You should get a Factory Service Manual for a job like this. It shows the correct procedures for tear down and reassembly, torque specs and what sealers to use.

Comment

Too late ..I already rebuilt it and put it back together.. I used a book from the library ....found torque specs in there.
      I just figured someone would know the answer about using anything on the new head gasket.. ?

Comment

Dry head gasket.
        Help somebody every day, if you can.

Comment

If the gasket says on it " use no sealer " then it goes on dry. Otherwise you should use OMC gasket sealing compond.

Comment

Working...
          X