trim sending unit and water pressure

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: trim sending unit and water pressure

The tach must be set on the wrong setting...

1SaintsFan

Cadet

yes I think that it is on the wrong setting going to pull it out the dash an check it on Monday

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The tach should have the pulse setting at "6" (you have a 12 pole alternator which produces 6 pulses per engine rev.) The instructions should have clearly pointed that out.

1SaintsFan

Cadet

That info is a big help. Didn't know its a 12 pole alternator Thanks a lot.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

get an infared thermometer!!!!!!!! fast.... if you are really only getting 8 psi....you could ruin your motor fast......check your head temps while idleing for 15 minutes...just to make sure the motor isnt overheating at idle...then run the motor at maybe 3000 rpm for 1 or 2 minutes then check the head temps....

if good run at 5000 rpm for 1 minute then check the temps...

thats if you dont have a temp guage( which i highly recomend)

bob

1SaintsFan

Cadet

tach is working fine now.Going to get an infrared thermometer tomorrow. What repair manual do y'all recommend to get. Hope I don't have to go through all the stuff that Todd went through. oh yea HOW BOUT DEM SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1SaintsFan

Cadet

just to let all know who gave me advice that I changed the water pump not that hard. a lot better water pressure at idle about 5psi still need to take her out to see what it is at wot. all cylinders are staying about 100 degrees F on trailer probably need to replace/add thermostats. But yuo guys are a big help glad I found this site.