2006 E-Tech 225 HO, any one have any problems with lower unit.

brushhogger

Cadet
Has any one out there had problems with lower unit going out on 2006 E-Tech 225 H.O. I have experienced several problems with mine. Warranty is out now, so i'm going to try aftermarket. Would really like to hear from anyone who has been through the same thing that i have, or any ideas on who to contact about aftermarket units.

bernd64

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2006 E-Tech 225 HO, any one have any problems with lower unit.

you need to tell us whats wrong with the LU.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Common problem..High mounting heights,lower unit oil breaking down from exhaust heat as E-tech runs so lean,housing warps from torque and heat and if its a lighting case it warps as casting so thin. That the reason BRP came out with a housing checking tool to see if pinion and gears are in proper alignment on all the V-6 housings.

brushhogger

Cadet

The gears just go out about every 12 to 14 months. Don't know anything about it. The dealer just kept rebuilding it until warranty went out. Thought they just had a problem with that year model. Was hoping a good aftermarket would solve the problem.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Call BRP customer service at 1-847-689-7090 and explain your prob to them. I can't see why the dlr just kept rebuilding it. You should have gotten a complete new g/c as there have been some probs with them from some people I've talked to.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

If you post the engine serial number we can check the warranty history on the motor.

Normally the factory replaces a gearcase assembly when there is an internal breakage, so I find it hard to believe that it gets rebuilt by the dealer each time.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

The gears just go out about every 12 to 14 months
The housing is warped and dealer hasnt checked it with tool.