Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

Removing Impeller from an 88 SPL

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Impeller from an 88 SPL

I have a 1989 88 SPL Im trying to put a new water pump kit on it and I cant get the impeller off. I know there is a small plastic key way but short of cutting all of the rubber off the impeller and cutting the sleeve its molded too. I cant seem to get it to slide off the shaft. I have sprayed it with PB blaster thinking it was corroded but have had no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Removing Impeller from an 88 SPL

I had the very same motor at one time. Great bullet-proof motor. You may have to cut the impeller off the shaft. VERY CAREFULLY cut the stuck collar off the shaft with a sharp chisel. I have heard of some people using a Dremmel Tool as well. Wont be a hard job, just take your time and don't gouge the shaft as you are doing it.