Choke return spring on a 1989 Evinrude E15RCEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahab

Cadet
The choke release spring on my 1989 E15RCEC came undone. The manual I bought online (OMC) does not show the choke pull assembly. Wondering if anyone out there can attach a picture of how to reassemble the choke return spring?

Rahab

Cadet
Re: Choke return spring on a 1989 Evinrude E15RCEC

Thanks Vic, saw this before, this really doesnt show where the hook end and right angle end attach too. Was hoping a pic would tell me where to reattach.

Thanks.

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer

This is my 84 9.9 but it looks very similar to the diagram that Vic posted and might help. The straight end of the inner spring rests against the carb body next to the float bowl mounting screw. The straight end of the outer spring wraps around underneath and rests next to the hook end of the inner spring if that makes sense.
P7260003.jpg

P7260002.jpg

Rahab

Cadet

Thank YOU ryoung, that was exactly what I was looking for!:)

wings123

Cadet
Hi Rahab and CatTwentyTwo,

I also have a similar issue. The choke override and return springs seem to have come disconnected and float freely with no tension. My model E15RCCS does not have a repair or connection information regarding this matter. I cannot see the photos you uploaded Cat, can you upload them again? Rahab, can you upload a picture of your set up? The choke plate does not respond to primer/choke lever. Appreciate the help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi Rahab and CatTwentyTwo,

I also have a similar issue. The choke override and return springs seem to have come disconnected and float freely with no tension. My model E15RCCS does not have a repair or connection information regarding this matter. I cannot see the photos you uploaded Cat, can you upload them again? Rahab, can you upload a picture of your set up? The choke plate does not respond to primer/choke lever. Appreciate the help.

This thread is 8 years old and the missing photos are caused by Photobucket.

For best results you should start a new thread for the best chance of getting some help.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.