Bad gas! Where do I dispose??

joeheart1

Cadet
I accidentally made my mix wrong. I have a 15 HP evinrude outboard that requires a gas/ oil mix. I accidentally mixed SAE 30 as the oil when it is prescribed to use 2 stroke oil. I want to dispose of the bad gas mix and do a fresh mix. Question one: where do I dispose of the bad gas? Question two: How do I cleanse my motor from bad mix?

jgriner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bad gas! Where do I dispose??

I accidentally made my mix wrong. I have a 15 HP evinrude outboard that requires a gas/ oil mix. I accidentally mixed SAE 30 as the oil when it is prescribed to use 2 stroke oil. I want to dispose of the bad gas mix and do a fresh mix. Question one: where do I dispose of the bad gas? Question two: How do I cleanse my motor from bad mix?

humm if u live near the gulf u could blame it on bp. ;)

Craig-

Petty Officer 1st Class

Use could add it to your car's gas tank without hurting anything, the higher the dilution the better. A couple of gallons to an almost full tank, it might smoke a little. An older carburetor equipped engine would handle it better than fuel injection.

On the outboard, remove spark plug and turn the motor over with ignition grounded and blow proper mixed fuel through it a number of pulls. Then just run it, it will clear out pretty quick. It might smoke more than normal a few minutes, but won't hurt anything. You may want to clean the spark plug after.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

You don't have to "cleanse" the motor. Simply run it. The 30 oil won't hurt it and will be consumed and out of there within a minute or two.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

No need to "cleanse" run it with the correct mix of TCW-3 2 stroke oil and all will be well.
Back in the day we used to run our 2 stroke motorcycles on a motor oil mix. Just had to shake the motorcycle side to side after it had been sitting a while to make sure the gas and oil had not separated.
Use it in the lawn mower.

skargo

Banned

Run it in your weedwacker.

Craig-

Petty Officer 1st Class

You don't have to "cleanse" the motor. Simply run it. The 30 oil won't hurt it and will be consumed and out of there within a minute or two.

If you want plugs like his. :eek:

Rick.

Captain

We were at my friends cabin this spring and had no gas for his four cycle mower and it's like 15 miles to town. I had fresh premix for fishing and we put that in the mower and worked very well. Really didn't even get much smoke mind you we weren't trolling!! Rick.

SolingSailor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have always used my old outboard premix in my fuel injected car.
I usually dilute it with an equal amount of regular gas.
Never had a problem. Also I heard the Magliazzi brothers on Car Talk say this is OK.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Been running the mower on 50 to 1 for years. Any gas in our household is mixed at 50 to 1 so that if it gets in the boat we won't fry the outboard. Does no harm to 4 stroke motors.