This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 HP Evinrude, 3 cylinder...??

I have a 25 hp 3 cylinder Evinrude and can't seem to find any info on it. The model number is E25RMERC. I've tried at a couple of different dealers but they just lift their eyebrows when I tell them its a triple? Anyone have any info or knowledge of such a beast ??

Re: 25 HP Evinrude, 3 cylinder...??

Where has that dealer been hiding, under a rock? Of course there were 3 cylinder 25 & 35hp motors. Here is the 1996 brochure

EDIT: However, I can't find that model number. h.m.m..m.

EDIT EDIT: BUT, I do find a E25RMEDC. Could you have mis-read it? E25RMEDC is a 1996. The parts list is on-line at http://shop.evinrude.com/
    Attached Files

Comment

F R , thank you very much for the info !! Much appreciated. And I could indeed be mistaken about the R being a D. The plate with the # on it has been banged and is difficult to read...actually it is worse now than when I first got it and is now impossible to read.

I was beginning to thinkthat the M stood for Military but now am sure it stands for Manual.....

Thanks again, Bushmaster53.

Comment

It's not a beast. That mtr was a real sweetheart. You may not want to hear this, but if it has the orginal oil tank/oil pump on it, take it off and mix your fuel 50:1. The oil pumps on thes mtrs had a BAD habit of letting fuel get back into the oil tank and leaning out the oil in the tank with fuel. The next thing you then have is maybe 3 scored cylinders. BRP even recommended taking them off. Been there and done that.

Comment

I meant "beast" in a good way....it has been a good motor except it has an idling problem, but only when its in gear....won't troll for more than a minute or two.

And thanks for the heads-up on the oil tank....I'll check into removing it and mixing the gas.....

Comment

Can anybody give input on my 25 3 cylinder motor has a dead cylinder on number3 I have cleaned carb s four or five times getting good great fire to plugs ,even changed plugs ,got good compression 80 psi on all cylinders just cannot get it to hit on number 3

Comment

I think there are lots of them around.-----I have about 8 of them for parts / rebuilding.

Comment

Maybe start your own post and not hijack an 8 yr old post.

Comment

Working...
                X