E-tec Emm No Oil Shut Down

bocashippie

Cadet
Morning, first off I live in the country of Panama. I have a 2007 115 E-Tec which went into No Oil Shut Down due to the Oil Line comming loose at the engine oil tank connector (The person who rigged the engine did not install a clamp!). I Do Not have the Dia Software and I am 26 miles via Open Water from the ONLY Evinrude Shop. Simple Question: Does anyone know if the No Oil Code can be Dumped from the EMM with out using the Dianostic Software. Note: The engine is out of Warranty. I realize there is some inherent risk using Non-Factory procedures...but there are some other really bigger issues using the local mech/shop - Trust me!

Cheers,

Catfish

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: E-tec Emm No Oil Shut Down

I don't know, but I am wondering if you can communicate directly with BRP, either by telephone or internet.

???

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

The EMM won't prevent oiling, just provides the warning. You need to purge all air from the oiling system before running. Your dealer or BRP can provide guidance if you don't have a shop manual (which sounds like you really need, given your location).

woody66912

Senior Chief Petty Officer

with oil line not hooked up to motor prime oil bulb till no air bubbles are seen.
re-clamp line to motor.
start motor and run on a set of muffs.
now pinch of the oil return line with pliers.
run motor for at least 5-8 min at idle [note] motor will smoke alot.
let motor run 10-15 min more and watch the clear oil lines on the motor if no air bubbles are seen your good to go.[note]you will see very small air bubbles.this is ok.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

I just looked up the oil priming section for my E-Tec 175's ... "the primer bulb must continue to be squeezed until oil flows into the distribution hoses from the oil manifold and to the crankcase fitting. All air must be eliminated from the oil lines." The last step requires the use of the E-Tec diagnostic sw: "start the outboard and use the oil priming function in the software for a minimum of 90 seconds to make sure the system is completely primed. Observe oil flow through the oil distribution hoses. Make sure that oil flows though the rear oil distribution manifold to the cylinder block fittings. Small bubbles are acceptable. Large bubbles must be eliminated through a continued priming process. ... The oiling system can also be primed using the Self Winterizing feature if diagnostic sw is not available."

The last sentence is the operative one for you.

bocashippie

Cadet

Wow guys thanks for the suggestions...What I am refering to is the SHUTDOWN MODE - Quote from the Service Manual " Conditions that initiate shutdown
Code 29 Excessive EMM temp
Code 31 Excessive engine temp
Code 33 EXCESSIVE NO OIL condition
Code 57 High RPM with low TPS

Quotw from page 103 of the service manual "To recover from the Shutdown Mode, the EMM must not detect the related fault at startup. The outboard will not restart until the cause for the stored service code is resolved (Code 29 and 31) and the code is cleared using diagnostic software code 33 and 57, and the EMM is turned off and then on again. Important: Shutdown related to code 57 or 33 requires the removal of the stored service code. Use the Evinrude diagnostic software program to erase a code 57 or 33". I am Located in the Country of Panama, and I Have the Service Manual.

Cheers,

Catfish