Help identify tilt and trim motor

KDT1961

Seaman
I have a 1976 Johnson 75 hp stinger, model 75elr76d. I don't believe that this motor came with tilt and trim, and the motor on it now is ruined. The hydraulic unit seems to work good, holds pressure, etc., so I only want to replace the electric motor. The motor base is 2 7/8" outside diameter.

here are some pics. The only identifier on the hydraulic pump is the number 12484. Can anyone help me figure out what these are so that I can order a new motor? Thanks

ttmotor.jpg

ttbase.jpg

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help identify tilt and trim motor

That's a Prestolite reservoir and motor sold as a unit OEM #172850. Arco has a unit number 6208 that will replace the assembly, or try sea-way.com in Seattle WA.

Les Robb

Chief Petty Officer

Have you tried taking the motor apart? If the wiring isn't fried it may be stuck brushes or just a dirty stator which you can clean with 220 or finer sandpaper or emery cloth. Clean and grease the end caps and put her back together and give it a try.

KDT1961

Seaman

That's a Prestolite reservoir and motor sold as a unit OEM #172850. Arco has a unit number 6208 that will replace the assembly, or try sea-way.com in Seattle WA.

Thank you!!

KDT1961

Seaman

Have you tried taking the motor apart? If the wiring isn't fried it may be stuck brushes or just a dirty stator which you can clean with 220 or finer sandpaper or emery cloth. Clean and grease the end caps and put her back together and give it a try.

Unfortunately, the motor is rusted and the seals are gone.