Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1969 55 Hp No Spark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 55 Hp No Spark

Model # 55973A Evinrude
    At the end of the boating season last year, my motor would'nt start. It would turn over but could'nt even get a spark. I do have a book on this and I knew that you half to have a good battery with big cranking amps to run this motor. I bought a marine battery 1000 cranking amps. It started up with no problem after that and good spark. As the season wound down a month later, I winterized the motor like I always do. A few weeks ago I put her in the water and it fired right up and ran like a top. Ran her around the lake for about 1/2 hr or so and then came to shore. The very next day it wouldn't start, couldn't get NO SPARK. Could this be in the ignition switch ? Ever since I've had this boat I would get intermintent spark. I noticed on the key switch some numbers on the front around the key slot that say KF91. Is that the right switch for this. It has 4 terminals.
    sigpic
Working...
X