Johnson 9.9 What Year?

dlelmp1579

Recruit
Good Day,
Just joined the site today. Read the threads on how to determine the year of the model, but with the 2 motors I have I can't figure out what year they were built.

Both are 9.9 hp

One on the cover says Sea Horse 216 C.C - Model # J10RCSE and Serial # E5223809

The other one says SailMaster Model # J10SEICNS and Serial # E5607042. Both were my dads and have been sitting in the garage for the last 5 years and probably only started about 10 times if that. My brother had them running 2 years ago, but today I just can't seem to get them to turn over........Really don't feel like buying a newer model...........but not sure if it is worth taking it to someone to look at, that is even if will they look at it. There are some repair manual on Ebay for less than $10.00, but they state the year and the model number on them, but not for the model numbers I have. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Dave

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson 9.9 What Year?

J10rcse = 1980
J10seicns = 1982

Most things are the same on both models so either factory service manual would be your best bet. The 1980 manual will be easier to find used.

LeeRoy Wisner has a good site for download/print that you can use until your book arrives. Go to this link and scroll to the end of the list: http://www.wisnersinc.com/Fishing Information/Fishinginfo_main.html

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson 9.9 What Year?

No,
Retired, yes.
They award you rank on this forum for endurance.