Primer bulb installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer bulb installation

Is there a special way to install the primer bulb? I installed it but it doesnt seem to pump any gas.

Re: Primer bulb installation

Do you have it installed with the arrow on the end toward the motor? If it's pointing toward the gas tank, it's installed backwards!

Also, you can read over this page:

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/primer.html
    1996 Evinrude 9.9 4-stroke
    1995 Yamaha 115 2-stroke

Comment

Yep, Arrow aiming in the motor direction. Make sure your connections are good.
      sigpicMarada 2100 Executive Series, 5 Litre V8 with Mercruiser Alpha 1 outdrive. 2007 K-Z Spree 260 RBH, all = a whole lot of family fun !!!!

Comment

also if aftermarket bulb, point the arrow to the sky, they work better like that, cheap check valve.
        FLORIDA GATORS
        TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
        That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

It finally worked after about 20 mins of pumping. I notice that it works better by slowly pumping it.

Comment

alittle late on the tread.....but I just installed a new one and it took for ever to prime, unlike the old one which seemed to prim better.

Comment

This is an old post. Read the rules at the top of the forum.

Comment

Working...
              X