Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

carb adjustment 1994 evinrude 120

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb adjustment 1994 evinrude 120

i need to know what the adjustment on the carbs for a 1994 evinrude 120. the model # e120tlerc. once i screw them in how many times do i need to turn them out. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. i had to clean the carbs. when i did i messed with the idle adjustment. THANKS AGAIN.

Re: carb adjustment 1994 evinrude 120

the fixed jets screw all the way in until snug. you do not back the out. the idle air mixture all the way in, then out 1 1/2 turns, then adjust from there only one carb at a time, 1/8 turn at a time.
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

thank you very much for info. i will try that in morning when i can see. thank you.

Because the 1994 looper carbs have both idle air bleed orifices and idle speed needles, it is important to follow the service manual instructions as opposed to generic adjustment.

The initial setting is to turn the needles in until they gently seat, then out 2-1/2 turns counter clockwise and leave them.