Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

1963 40 HP outboard parts

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 40 HP outboard parts

I have a 1963 40 HP Evinrude outboard on the original Boston Whaler as it was purchased in 1963. I know very little about outboards. I have installed new throttle cables and now need the following things. Carb kit, fuel tank and fuel line. Where can I find these things? I have googled pressure tank and can only seem to find old ones that I am sure have leaks all over them.

Re: 1963 40 HP outboard parts

There are no new pressure tanks, so all you will find will be old ones.
    The motor can be converted to run on the single line tanks. All it takes a bit of plumbing skill and an added fuel pump.
    See: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=205628

Do you know when the last time the motor was run? It may need more than a carb kit:
    See: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158086

Good luck! I have a '69 40 HP on a 1961 Whaler 13', so I know where you're coming from....
    Please no PMs. My mailbox is full anyway......

I don't think the '63 used a pressure tank. I think they changed to fuel pumps in 1958.

Tell us the model number of the engine.

Correct, pressure tanks were history by 1963. You can get tanks and hoses for it at Wal-Mart. Oops, I mean iboats. Sorry.
        But iboats does carry the carb kit.