What is this fuse holder for?

da83moon

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can someone advise me waht the fuse holder is for? the big yellowthinng. I ahve one on my motor and no fuse, IS there supposed ot be one?

Attachments

• R413-9915.bmp
    15.4 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: What is this fuse holder for?

A replacement cable, right? Probably the 20 amp fuse in the line that supplies the key switch, choke, warning horn, and anything else.

da83moon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes it is a repalcement, jsut wondering would it cause my engine to not turn off? I've went through everything and traced the yellow and blakc wire and I still ave to choke the engine out to turn off :mad:

F_R

Supreme Mariner

How did you even get it crank without the fuse, Jump it? No the fuse has nothing to do with turning it off.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

How did you even get it crank without the fuse, Jump it? No the fuse has nothing to do with turning it off.

I was wondering the exact same thing while reading this.
What wiring mods have been done to this outboard? Have you traced the kill circuit?

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

What engine are we dealing with here?

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Disconnect the yellow-black wire from the ign. pak, and touch the wire from pak to ground, the engine should shut down.

da83moon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys, I've traced all wires and everything is right. there doesn't seem to be any wiring mods, besides the cutting the engine off. Is it supposed to not let the engine start?

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

correct you have to have a fuse there to beable to use the key switch? How did you start it jump it? make sure there are no funny wiring tricks in there. No fuse means nopower to the solonoid or starter, i cant remember, but ipurchased the same one and had to put my own fuse in to, they dont give you one.

-nate