Jonny 15 hp 1999 model

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am posting this to enquire if any of you guys knows how to fit the gear changing remote cable to this motor as I wish to change my motor from tiller control to remote cable control.

I have looked on the BRP site and the remote kit for this engine is strange in that I cant for the life of me understand how it is fitted to the motor..

The throttle cable is no problem just the gear cable that has me stumped..If anyone has either a 15 or 9.9 jonny of similar age to mine as they are the same with the front gear shift fitted with remotes I would appreciate a picture of under the hood to see how the remote cables are set up..there are no pictures in the clymer manual and after reading the remote section on the 15-9.9 I am not any the wiser.

I forgot to say this motor is a 2 cycle model..
Regards LLB

Last edited:

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Jonny 15 hp 1999 model

Just has a look at the machinists excellent article but all the photos in his article are of tiller controlled motors..has anyone got pictures of a remote operated jonny..

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Up we go again...this is a really common motor with a nigh on 15 year production run so surely someone out there has this motor set up for remotes...please help I want to get out on the water its sunny here..:cool:

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bump number 5....c'mon folks one of you out there must have this engine set up for remotes..I am not going to go away:cool::)

CATransplant

Admiral

Apparently, nobody here has done the job. Your 15 shifts in the same way as my 6hp, with the shifter on the front of the motor. I looked at the kit, and can't figure out how it goes on, either, but it apparently does. Do you have the kit on hand, or are you just looking at the parts diagram?

Like a lot of things, it's sort of hard to figure things out just looking at the parts explosion. Sometimes, when you have the parts in your hand, it's not so hard to figure out. Since they sell it, it must work.

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Apparently, nobody here has done the job. Your 15 shifts in the same way as my 6hp, with the shifter on the front of the motor. I looked at the kit, and can't figure out how it goes on, either, but it apparently does. Do you have the kit on hand, or are you just looking at the parts diagram?

Like a lot of things, it's sort of hard to figure things out just looking at the parts explosion. Sometimes, when you have the parts in your hand, it's not so hard to figure out. Since they sell it, it must work.

Not always the case my man..I have bought lots of stuff over the years that aint been worth squat but tbh I was just hoping that maybe someone on here had already done this conversion..

As it appears that this is not the case if and when I get this sorted I will post the results on this thread for others..

Thanks for the reply Cat :)

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

If at first you dont succeed try try again...bump:D

CATransplant

Admiral

So, did you get your kit? If so, and you still can't figure it out, I think it's time for a trip to the shop. It will probably take a technician very little time to fit it.

If not, then I won't be of any more help than I was before.

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Cat

I sussed how it works and it is been fitted if anyone else on here has trouble with their remotes for a similar year of motor I will be more than happy to post pics of how this works.

Once again thanks for your input.

LLB

raczekp1

Lieutenant

look at ebay for this motors, some of them are with cables, look close at pic and try to figure out how to conect

Jim311

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine is remote operated. It has a lever on the right side of the motor with a linkage rod.

49865.gif

Part numbers 62 and 35.