Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1960 Evinrude 40 HP, wiring diagram needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Evinrude 40 HP, wiring diagram needed

I have a Lark II (Model 35520) with the wiring changed a bit by a former owner. The white or tan solenoid wire goes to the throttle control. I can get the starter to crank but when I jiggle the throttle handle between "start" and "idle" I feel current in the metal engine cover and it seems to cut out the starter.
    There are three wires from the cut-out switch. One on the center post goes under the flywheel, the other goes to a toggle switch near the ignition key. The other wire under the flywheel goes to the toggle switch as well. The other wire on the corner post of the cut-out switch goes to the junction box but is not connected to anything. I seem to remember the seller telling me he had to install the toggle switch to kill the engine.
    Last edited by JB; August 14th, 2007, 07:24 PM. Reason: soliciting copyright violation
    1987 Doral Classic 200 Bowrider, 4.3 Mercruiser/Alpha One, 1970 Evinrude 9.5hp Sportwin, 1965 Johnson 5hp, 1964 Evinrude Speedifour, 1963 Evinrude Starflite and 1960 Evinrude Lark and when all else fails, Upper Canada Paddle Company paddles

Re: 1960 Evinrude 40 HP, wiring diagram needed

Ask for a diagram over at the Antique Outboard Motor Club's Ask-A-Member forum. Somebody over there will post it for you. aomci.org

Comment

Re: 1960 Evinrude 40 HP, wiring diagram needed

Thanks FR, I'll give it a try.
      1987 Doral Classic 200 Bowrider, 4.3 Mercruiser/Alpha One, 1970 Evinrude 9.5hp Sportwin, 1965 Johnson 5hp, 1964 Evinrude Speedifour, 1963 Evinrude Starflite and 1960 Evinrude Lark and when all else fails, Upper Canada Paddle Company paddles

Comment

Working...
      X