Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

evinrude year/mix ratio???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evinrude year/mix ratio???

i have 2 outboards and do not have a year or mix ratio for either can someone please help. 1 evinrude fastwin serial# 18302L-E02482 and 1 evinrude fisherman serial#6602E-E04674.

Re: evinrude year/mix ratio???

18302 is the model number, indicating the engine is a 1963 18hp Evinrude. Mixture is 50/1 as powerhead incorporates "all" needle, roller, and/or ball bearings.

6602E is the model number which indicates that the engine is a 1966 6hp Evinrude. Mixture used is normally 24/1 as most powerhead bearings are the babbit/bushing type. However, there are thousands of these engines using the 50/1 mixture with no ill effects. I myself have used that 50/1 mixture on the various year 6hp engines and have encountered no problems.
    Last edited by Joe Reeves; July 2nd, 2007, 03:29 PM. Reason: Corrective Info.
    Our Questions Require Answers... If You Refuse To Answer Our Questions... How Can We Answer Yours?

Comment

Re: evinrude year/mix ratio???

thank you, very big help!

Comment

Working...
      X