Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today



Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

tilt trim seal replacement

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tilt trim seal replacement

    Hi everyone.the tilt and trim cylinders are all leaking on my 1980 115hp. i wanted to know if anyone knew the part number required and also had any helpful hints. the part number for the end cap is 320788.I bought a manual but it says if the hydrolics have a problem take it to your mechanic. Clymer Evinrude/Johnson outboard shop manual.Covering 50-235HP 1973-1987.any help would be great.cheersethan

  • #2
    Sign up today
    Re: tilt trim seal replacement

    There is a tilt cylinder oring package availabe (PN 387586) and orings for the trim cylinders are also available. Visit the BRP site and click on engine diagrams and you can get the part numbers....link below. http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/ Now...helpful tips....get an OEM manual is the best tip I can give you.... :-). Ken Cook co., outboardwizard and marine.com all sell reprints of the original service manuals...just google up the sites.The heads on the cylinders screw off and can be a little tough to get off with out a spanner wrench. Also, some very thin shim stock will be need for reassemble. The shim stock is used to protect the new orings when putting the piston and rod back in the cylinder.Hope the above helps.
    When in doubt...use the manual

    Rayland, Ohio....Along the Muddy Banks of the Mighty Ohio River.