200xp 1991 - Telltale restrictor?

TJ87

Cadet
I have a 1991 200 XP, has new water pump and thermostats. Can't find any blockage and it doesn't overheat but I get very little if any water pressure. Telltale seems to flow reasonable well. I have check water pressure gauge with a pressure tester and it works good. I took the lower unit off again today everything seems good, no blockages and water pump is turned the right way with key in place. I hooked a water hose directly to copper tube and got good flow out of thermostats housings (without engine running). I noticed with tstats in, if I put my finger on Telltale restricting it I would get good pressure reading. So basically what I'm asking is there suppose to be some kind of restrictor in the aspirator? If not what else could do to see more pressure?

TJ87

Cadet
There is a line that runs from lower exhaust housing to control valve, gauge is teed into this line

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
What kind of pressures are you seeing?

If I remember correctly I run something @ 5 psi at idle, 25-30 psi running. Time to change the impeller at 3 psi at idle

Is the line running to the gauge full of water? If so, that could be part of your problem.

TJ87

Cadet
I'll check for water in the line that's a possibility. 5 psi is the most I've seen on the water. It has brand new impeller kit with housing and new tstats. I had an over temp alarm before thermostats and impeller kit it seems to be good now just no water pressure still

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
There is a line that runs from lower exhaust housing to control valve, gauge is teed into this line
It needs to come off the adapter plate by itself ..not tee'd

TJ87

Cadet
It needs to come off the adapter plate by itself ..not tee'd

How would I do this? What about the line that goes to control valve. I tried doing a conversion to delete the valve but couldn't come up with the parts

TJ87

Cadet
What about this line, it comes from block and goes to Telltale could I use it for gauge?

Attachments

• photo334670.jpg
    photo334670.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo334672.png
    photo334672.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0