97 - Ocean Pro 200 - Exhaust Housing leak?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Getting a lot more water than normal coming from the joint between the exhaust housing and the lower unit this year.

Came home yesterday to find staining from the bottom of motor mount cover after a 30+ mile run. Cant swear to it but motor sounds louder as well.

I suspect the gasket(s) on the exhaust housing are shot or out of alignment. Put a new gasket in when we changed the water pump because I had it here at the house. Guess I should have left "as is" or replaced both.

Plausible?

Attachments

• photo334460.jpg
    photo334460.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 1

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
If it is like my '98 Johnny 150HP motor, there is a gasket on top of the inner lower exhaust housing and one under it. The exhaust housing can fall out.

So it can leak from either place.

I used some Permetex #3 to hold the upper gasket onto the exhaust housing, when I installed it.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
If it is like my '98 Johnny 150HP motor, there is a gasket on top of the inner lower exhaust housing and one under it. The exhaust housing can fall out.

So it can leak from either place.

I used some Permetex #3 to hold the upper gasket onto the exhaust housing, when I installed it.

The lower gasket fell off the top of the exhaust housing with I changed the impeller. Had a spare so I replaced it. Didn't get down and look up in the leg to see the condition of the upper gasket. Just assumed.....Ugh....