‘18 Evinrude 115 ETEC HO - Little Pee Stream

bassin_louisiana

Seaman Apprentice
Ok guys: I’ve been told two different things on this. My Evinrude 115 ETEC HO has very little pee stream. Cranked in neutral, it takes a good 15-20 seconds to start peeing and the stream is not really a stream but a splatter. I’m guessing it would output a cup of water in less than a minute. Just guessing. Is this normal? Does it have a slow stream? Or is this a problem with water pump? I’ve heard two very different things: normal and not normal. I need the truth here!!

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
im no expert but every one i saw squrts a stream about the size of a pencil and looks like it penertrates the lake water about 2 to 3 inches check tale tale hose for stoppage if no stoppage i would drop the lu for a water pump impeller no matter how new it is

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
No, those etecs push out a flow of water. Not a stream like a classic tell tale. At idle it will arc out about 4 inches from the back of the motor and falls straight down. You cant tell much on muffs. As long as you havent cranked the engine over dry or put 200 or more hours on it it's probably fine. Are you getting an alarm or system check light? Why not just do the 3 year service now? New plugs, impellar, exhaust valve inspection, fuel filter, L.U. fluid change, etc...there is a list in the manual.