No spark in bottom cylinder of Johnson 9.5 1973 (9R73B)

CameronH

Recruit
Hoping someone can help, I acquired a 1973 Johnson 9.5hp and it only had spark in the top cylinder. I rebuilt the magneto assembly with new coils, condensers, and points and still wasn’t getting spark in the bottom cylinder. I figured it may have been the plug wires so I replaced them as well but still no spark.. I have resistance from the coil to the plug boot so I know it isn’t anything in between. Spark plugs are also good, I’ve swapped them to both in the top cylinder wire and get spark with them both.

Hoping someone has something else I can try, any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

CameronH

Recruit
I’ll try cleaning them again and give it another go. I had previously cleaned them using what came with them then also with electrical parts cleaner as well.

CameronH

Recruit
Did some overall trouble shooting and gave the points a really good clean. Now getting spark so I believe it was the points needing a better cleaning than what I had previously done, good knife blade to scrape them clean and solvent and cloth to remove anything works great. Thanks again racerone!