• Show
Clear All

• brianq
    started a topic E-TEC 2006 225HP Diagnostic Report

E-TEC 2006 225HP Diagnostic Report

Model: E225DPXSD
    Serial: 05117970
    E-TEC 2006 225HP

A few weeks ago I was taking the boat out for the season. While driving to the ramp the engine started to lose power, bogged way down; right before shutting down the " NO OIL" light went on and it hasnt started since. I got to spend the next hour waiting for sea tow in the cold. I had added another gallon of oil right before shoving off.

I ran a compression test and found:

Port Starboard
    0 82
    0 83
    90 92

I had some time to open up my valve covers this weekend and the following pictures are what i found.... Looks like the piston melted and the connecting rod sheared off. Surprisingly the rings were twisted but intact. I have some pictures below, any idea what happened? Can anyone see anything in these pictures that screams the block is shot? Or any signs of what happened that i am missing?

Thanks for any help!

Brian
    Attached Files

• racerone
    replied
    On more than one occasion folks on here have asked posters to explain what they mean when they say------" my motor won't crank "-----Apparently in some local areas that means that it won't start.--------In my area---- " taking the boat out for the season " ----Means it has been under a tarp for 6 months and this will be the first use !----But you are right I know nothing.---- And should just read internet like a comic book and enjoy in these tough times.

Leave a comment:

• brianq
    replied
    Originally posted by racerone View Post
    I guess the term -----" taking the boat out for the season "-----can mean different things.
    You win the award for the least helpful person on this page pal, "kick rocks" Ask your kids to unteach you the internet.

Leave a comment:

• Faztbullet
    replied
    Typical piston pin migration problem that haunts big looper motors. That is officially now a parts motor as not worth having rewelded and sleeved.

Leave a comment:

• racerone
    replied
    I guess the term -----" taking the boat out for the season "-----can mean different things.

Leave a comment:

• brianq
    replied
    Originally posted by Crosbyman View Post
    I suggest you post your topic to the ETEC user board where the ETEC community concentrates . MY 75hp

http://www.etecownersgroup.com/?forum=115573
    Thanks for the suggestion I have a thread going there, havent had a ton of response.

Leave a comment:

• brianq
    replied
    Originally posted by racerone View Post
    ??-----Valve covers ??-----I would say you took off the cylinder heads.-------An example of " high tech " motors that need dealer support after a long period of inactivity.-----You have a " parts only " motor I believe.
    Thanks for the helpful correction .... Im not following what you mean by long period of inactivity? I fish the boat on a very regular basis.

Leave a comment:

• Crosbyman
    replied
    I suggest you post your topic to the ETEC user board where the ETEC community concentrates . MY 75hp

http://www.etecownersgroup.com/?forum=115573

Leave a comment:

• racerone
    replied
    ??-----Valve covers ??-----I would say you took off the cylinder heads.-------An example of " high tech " motors that need dealer support after a long period of inactivity.-----You have a " parts only " motor I believe.

Leave a comment:

• jakedaawg
    replied
    Welcome to the big etecs...seen it many times. Hang a Yamaha 4 stroke on it if you like the boat.

Leave a comment:

• brianq
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X