E-TEC 2006 225HP Diagnostic Report

brianq

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Model: E225DPXSD
Serial: 05117970
E-TEC 2006 225HP

A few weeks ago I was taking the boat out for the season. While driving to the ramp the engine started to lose power, bogged way down; right before shutting down the " NO OIL" light went on and it hasnt started since. I got to spend the next hour waiting for sea tow in the cold. I had added another gallon of oil right before shoving off.

I ran a compression test and found:

Port Starboard
0 82
0 83
90 92

I had some time to open up my valve covers this weekend and the following pictures are what i found.... Looks like the piston melted and the connecting rod sheared off. Surprisingly the rings were twisted but intact. I have some pictures below, any idea what happened? Can anyone see anything in these pictures that screams the block is shot? Or any signs of what happened that i am missing?

Thanks for any help!

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 0

brianq

Petty Officer 2nd Class
[No message]

Attachments

• photo326847.jpg
    photo326847.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 0

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Welcome to the big etecs...seen it many times. Hang a Yamaha 4 stroke on it if you like the boat.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
??-----Valve covers ??-----I would say you took off the cylinder heads.-------An example of " high tech " motors that need dealer support after a long period of inactivity.-----You have a " parts only " motor I believe.

brianq

Petty Officer 2nd Class
??-----Valve covers ??-----I would say you took off the cylinder heads.-------An example of " high tech " motors that need dealer support after a long period of inactivity.-----You have a " parts only " motor I believe.

Thanks for the helpful correction .... Im not following what you mean by long period of inactivity? I fish the boat on a very regular basis.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I guess the term -----" taking the boat out for the season "-----can mean different things.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Typical piston pin migration problem that haunts big looper motors. That is officially now a parts motor as not worth having rewelded and sleeved.

brianq

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I guess the term -----" taking the boat out for the season "-----can mean different things.

You win the award for the least helpful person on this page pal, "kick rocks" Ask your kids to unteach you the internet.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
On more than one occasion folks on here have asked posters to explain what they mean when they say------" my motor won't crank "-----Apparently in some local areas that means that it won't start.--------In my area---- " taking the boat out for the season " ----Means it has been under a tarp for 6 months and this will be the first use !----But you are right I know nothing.---- And should just read internet like a comic book and enjoy in these tough times.