Want a newer cowling for my 1986 225hp.....what are my options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a newer cowling for my 1986 225hp.....what are my options

I have a 1986 225hp E225txcda...I assume it is a 90 degree looper. Are there any newer upper and lower cowlings that would fit perfectly? If so can someone tell what years would work?
    1986 Offshore (OSY) CC 21', 1986 Evinrude 225 hp

poking around on a marine parts site looks like my range of cowlings that will work is 1986-1992, with anything from 1988-1992 would require a little reconfiguring for the Telltale.

Comment

Cheap way to upgrade is to have a decal reproduction company modify decals for a newer year onto an older cowl. They generally have no issues doing that if you get a decal that is close enough
      1961 Custom Craft Sea Ray- 1964 Mercury 650. In family since new.

Comment

That cowling should be pretty easy to disassemble and detail, unless it's completely wasted -- in an accident, maybe.

Comment

There is some fiberglass repair that I need to do, then a bunch of sanding....was just looking for less time consuming avenue.

I will probably just repair and sand and have someone spray white and clear coat, then I'll buy newer decals.

Comment

yea, if money isnt an object...Drop them at an auto body shop. They can do it up pretty nice with hardened paint. Then order repro decals.

Otherwise Ive done many myself, lots of work. But you can achieve really nice results with a rattlecan and new decals. Or if you have a sprayer, do it yourself and add hardener to the paint. Almost new results.

Comment

Yeah definitely will take the parts to a pro paint guy....

Any suggestions on the white? BRP, Suzuki, mercury? or a car mfg's white?

I like stark white, not bone or cream.

Comment

Working...
              X