Dies While Idling

Stomm

Recruit
G Hello I have A 1995 Johnson 120 HPV4 CRV outboard motor and it idles fine when I initially started then after that it’ll go through a cycle of it Idlingng and dying and then back to idling good ?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
History on the motor ?-----Did this develop suddenly ?----Getting worse over time ?----Any trouble shooting done at all.---Water in the fuel ?

Stomm

Recruit
Just bought the boat it’s been sitting for five years it’s a 1994 Johnson 120 v4 model J120TLAND. It’s been doing it since I got it sounds like a miss Adjusted the throttle screw know it idols a little better still high I think anyways I’m just looking to see what service manual I need to adjust all of thisNow that I got the auto OK I know it’s not set to the specs but it idles when I put it in neutral Instead of cutting out and dying been watching YouTube There’s no water in the fuel
videos and I tested the coils and according to them I’m within specs at .247With all of themThere’s no water in the fuel. In my opinion I think it’s the spark advance adjustment and also carburetor adjustment I have ordered a carburetor rebuild kit from Amazon waiting on that and now the manual I need Just to get everything back up to SpecOh and this model has the little solenoid pump for the fuel and the arrow is pointing down

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You are mistaken.-------That is a SOLENOID VALVE and it is not a pump.