Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Question for 1979 70HP Evenrude

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum and really enjoy reading all of the posts of everyone sharing their experience.

I am trying to locate some touch up paint for the outboard motor that I am repairing. The outboard is a 1979 70HP Evenrude (70973R). I am replacing the swivel bracket on the motor because of a backing mishap. The new bracket that I just received in the mail is a good replacement minus the color. It is cast aluminum and the color is kind of a green color. My 70 HP is factory painted silver. This color is not as common as the colors that are listed for that year. I would like to match the new bracket to this silver however I am not finding anyone who sells it.

I have found all of the more common colors for that year just not the silver. From the research that I have done so far the silver was used on motors from 1974 - 82. I located the original Evenrude paint code numbers and information which I listed below.
    ES # 1612
    Paint -Silver
    Spray 172793
    One Quart Can 279786

I am in the process of trying to get everything put together so once I start my project I wont be waiting on parts that need to be special ordered.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Sully

Call.your dealer or a local auto paint store should be able to match it quite easily.

Comment

Or try effenco for the correct paint
      http://effena-co-llc5.mybigcommerce.com
      Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

When in doubt,Trim it out!!!
        Business Owner & Certifed Technician
        Boats I own & use
        20ft Javlin w/250 Junkrude
        17ft Bullet w/200 Merc (SOLD!!)
        13ft Allison w/150 I-6
        17ft Hydra-Sport 175GT
        15ft Allison w/75 Stinger(project)
        14 x 48 Drifter with 1100SS Merc

Comment

Those are the factory part numbers.-------They may not be available.-----Perhaps your local paint shop can mix them using the ES code.

Comment

Edit.....

Comment

Edit..

Comment

They are available thru dealer and other marine webstores but part # has changed....
                blue …….777178
                silver...…..771242
                wht……...771248
                When in doubt,Trim it out!!!
                Business Owner & Certifed Technician
                Boats I own & use
                20ft Javlin w/250 Junkrude
                17ft Bullet w/200 Merc (SOLD!!)
                13ft Allison w/150 I-6
                17ft Hydra-Sport 175GT
                15ft Allison w/75 Stinger(project)
                14 x 48 Drifter with 1100SS Merc

Comment

Thanks everyone for the posts. I will order the silver that Fazbullet listed the part # for and see how close it is to the original color. It doesn't have to be a perfect match it just needs to hold up to being in the water.

Sully

Comment

Check those part # against the description before ordering.------Paint from ----nymarine----Is another option.

Comment

Working...
                    X