What year is my Johnson 140 V4 vro with model number G2269905

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Find some other numbers. That one is not a model number -- may be a serial number or part of one, or a part number for the part it is stamped on.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
That is the serial number. The G tells where it was made. E= Milwaukee (Evinrude plant) J= Waukegan (Johnson plant) B= Belgium. C= Canada A= Australia, etc. G= ????I dunno. Can it mean Galesburg? Anybody?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Well----That helps.-----Post a dozen pictures of the motor and the cowling decals !!

Bamafishn

Recruit
I only intentionally uploaded two pics ...one of the cowling and one of the number. I spend zero Time online and this is the first time I have ever been on a forum. It had told me all the pics were too large to upload so I thought only one had made it.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
That is the serial number. The G tells where it was made. E= Milwaukee (Evinrude plant) J= Waukegan (Johnson plant) B= Belgium. C= Canada A= Australia, etc. G= ????I dunno. Can it mean Galesburg? Anybody?

Could G=Calhoun, Georgia? I just discovered there was an OMC plant there 1987-2000. Anybody know?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
1984 was the first yr for the VRO, but also the last year for the Crossflow 140hp, 1985 and newer will be loopers, but even then there are 2 different displacements. No Model # on the Transom/Tilt/Swivel Bracket?

If the pics are too big, then you will have to use a Photo Editor that can reduce the Number of Pixels, and/or increase the Compression of the jpg