Neutral safety switch

Stevebandl

Cadet
I have an 90 Evinrude 150XP E150STLCEM. I've been chasing a no spark issue with my motor. I've replaced the pack, sensor, stator and rectifier. I'm getting spark on some cylinders so I believe that rules out anything from the the control box. I read a post about a neutral safety switch failure can cause no spark on one bank or three cylinders depending on what brand pack you have on your motor. Can someone tall me if my motor has that switch, if it could be the problem and where it would be located?

Thanks

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Your motor does not appear to have the SHIFT SWITCH that cuts out spark on 3 cylinders.----The NUETRAL SWITCH in the control box only allows cranking in neutral.---It has nothing to do with spark !-----Some will argue here.-----But have your battery load tested ( even if new ) , it has to be top notch.----And take the starter apart for cleaning / inspection / ohm test / new brushes.-----The starter is easy to work on !----Ask for help if you are a novice on them.----Don't rush out and buy a new one, inspect / test first.