fuel pump rebuild kit 6hp johnson

walker45

Cadet
I'm having trouble finding the rebuild kit for the fuel pump for Model 6RL 71G. If anyone can supply me with the corresponding numbers to go with it I would be appreciative.

RCO

Petty Officer 1st Class
393088 is the OMC kit. They are kind of tricky if you haven't done one before. There are complete aftermarket pumps that cost less than the rebuild kit.

walker45

Cadet
Oh I have lots and lots of experience all right, if having the one I rebuilt apart and back together several times before getting it right counts. Anyways thanks much.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You can get just the diaphragm.----The factory kit does come with clear instructions.

walker45

Cadet
I suspect the problem with this one is the inlet over the strainer popped a leak and in the process of replacing it myself and two other guys coon fingered it so I suspect the small spring may have toppled over. It worked for maybe 15 minutes after then quit pumping I've owned the outboard for nearly 30 years and never did much to it so I figure its time to do some replacing anyways.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
In my opinion these pumps are easy to fix.-----If money is not a problem then a new factory pump is a good option for some.

walker45

Cadet
I read before I started you're likely to mess the first one up. I'd have to agree with that. As far as hard, no they aren't.