1983 35 hp electric start separate. Choke swit ch

Hi I just got a 1977 lund 315 deluxe with a 35 hp evinrude on it are any of u familiar with a separate choke "toggle" swit h set up? It has one, how or can I put a ignition switch style on it tha nks

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
The newe switches with the choke integral to the key switch will work just fine. Just wire the shore hot wire to the choke post on the key switch.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I actually prefer the toggle switch over the push-to-choke switch. Have owned both. And yes, the toggle was standard equipment in that era..

Everything works wd40 choke motor turns over, compression around 100 lbs but even sprayed some power foam in cylinders then turned it over gonna let it sit a couple days, did this with my old v6 johnson actually brought comp up 5 to 6 lbs! Well see, thanks.

iggyw1

Master Chief Petty Officer
Years back I had an old Chrysler motor, and the ignition switch choke push button was faulty. I wired in a horn push button (which I had laying around in my garage) into the dashboard to push in for choke, and it actually worked better than a toggle switch for me. That push button was not any inconvenience at all.