Motor wont go over 5000 rpm

Angler 180f

Recruit
[h=2]
icon1.png
Motor wont go over 5000 rpm[/h]
Hey guys. First time posting here. I have an 18' angler 180f with a j90plstc that I bought from a friend about 6 years ago. It was too good to pass up. It came with a 21 pitch prop from the dealer. It has never ever reached 5500 rpm since I've owned it. I have tried everything from a 19 pitch to a 13 pitch prop. I have replaced all fuel lines from tank to engine, fuel filters and housing, also primer bulb with omc, also the fitting at the tank which is not an anti siphon valve. Also cleaned the tank. With a 15 pitch prop it will reach 5000 but it will buck and sputter randomly. All carbs have been rebuilt with omc kits. Float level and drop within spec. The vro has been replaced with a conventional fuel pump. I pre mix.50.1. Timing is set at wot with an easy timer at 20 degrees at wot. It idles just fine. Wot is not right. Compession check is 135 psi all cylinders. Like brand new.. Spark jumps 7/16" bright blue on all cylinders on the hose.Wondering if I might have a power pack issue. I have a dva and the tools to test it and a factory service manual. Just not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!​
Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Nice cut and paste from Marineengine.com. :mad: We block competitors, so your C&P pics don't show.

What about your nipple? flyingscott is going to ask.

Angler 180f

Recruit
My sincere apologies. This is my first time posting to forums. I didnt mean to offend anyone. I am following flyingscotts advice today. I will update on the original forum. I appreciate your feedback. I'm learning.