Evin E60ELCNM 1982 Orifice Plug 55D

James R

Commander
Parts list on B.N shows two part numbers for the upper carb orifice Plug 55D. I believe that one of these numbers should be for the lower carb. Of course I need one for the lower Carb. B.N chat monkey is of no help. Can anyone clarify please.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
EDIT: After typing the below comment, I see that by "upper" James is speaking of the top carburetor... not the top orifice. However, at any rate, your question is answered (I think). :)

James... Top carb 55D is a high speed jet, part #320921... It is not the top idle jet.

The bottom carburetor high speed jet is 56D, part #318684.

These high speed jets are located horizontally in the bottom center of the float chamber.

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Maybe I should have a look at some of those carburetors and see if both carburetors have the same orifice plug.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Maybe I should have a look at some of those carburetors and see if both carburetors have the same orifice plug.

I got the size and part number out of the 1982 OMC parts manual... but only God knows what's actually in some of them.

James R

Commander
The reason for the question is that the owner decided to clean his own carb's and remove the high speed jets.
He damaged the the lower carb jet in the process. At least he fessed up. Hopefully the jet is still ok. I was preparing in case I could replace it.
Thanks for all the input..