Having brain fart..etec 115dpliib

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
So, code 51, injector 1 open circuit. Intermittent issue.

I can test injector circuit and injector resistance while fault is active. Found injector itself open sometimes, sometimes injector and circuit within spec.

Question: when I put the timing light pickup on the blue wire the light flashes when the fault is not active but ceases to flash when fault becomes active...I am thinking this tells me I have lost the EMM for injector 1 not the injector itself. Wouldn't EMM still signal and the light flash if its telling the injector to fire? But because the EMM grounds to tell injector to fire an open in the injector, which I can get it to show resistance-wise, it wouldn't flash the light, right? So, I need an injector?

For some reason, intermittent fault maybe, I am confused by my own trouble shooting. Oh well, maybe someone will tell me, yes, your thinking wrong...or not. Lol

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Okay, got my thinking straight now...long story short got to replace the injector...because it has an open at times I shouldn't expect the light to fire because the circuit is not complete. The open is in the injector, not in the wire.