Carb vs. Pump

Peeker643

Recruit
Brand new here and not technically proficient ;-) I have an '86 Evinrude 70HP/ Model # is E70TLCDC. Trying to figure out if failure to run when not using fast idle lever and bogging down is carbs vs. fuel pump. And if it is fuel pump, can someone tell me the specific replacement part number and cost and if there are options regarding same (different pumps/manufacturers).

Thanks. All. Appreciate any help!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Operate the manual pump and report if motor keeps running or not.------There are cheaper pump options where you have to mix gas / oil yourself.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Operate the manual pump and report if motor keeps running or not.------There are cheaper pump options where you have to mix gas / oil yourself.----Compression test numbers should be posted as well.

Peeker643

Recruit
racerone- Can you IM me? Like I said, I know nothing. And I'd like to learn how to operate the manual pump like you suggested...and about cheaper options ;-)

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The manual pump is the bulb on the hose.----It pumps fuel into the carburetors.-----Test that first.

Peeker643

Recruit
Update. I added sea foam to fuel filter and poured rest of bottle into tank. Have it on muffs running now. Fast idle is off, running for about 25-30 minutes thus far. Runs in gear as well without load. Peeing and looks right. Any thoughts on if I just continue to let it run and cycle or if enough time has elapsed for any gunk to be loosened or whatever in carbs. Makes a hellacious noise and smells like a Sunuco station outside ;-)

Neighbors are gonna really love me.