94 115 Johnson bubble back Vro troubleshooting help

Fishjustin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can get the boat to start after priming the ball but it runs the ball out of fuel. I can keep it running if I continue to pump the ball. I tried the fuel rebuild and now I cant even keep it running. Opened it up again to verify everything is installed right and still no luck. I pulled the pulse hose off and i can feel pulse while cranking it over but it does not feel really strong. How much vacuum should the crank pull on the pulse line? Considering converting to regular fuel pump and bypassing vro system. What pump could I use for the conversion?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Use the pump off a 1983 model 140.-----Bolts directly to intake manifold near the starter.

Fishjustin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I ordered one but where does the pulse line hook up. . The picture of looks like there is just a fuel in and fuel out.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The pulse port is right there between the 2 screws.----Take the plug out.

Fishjustin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Alright it is supposed to be here on Sunday so I will have to get it in my hand to see what you mean. Thank you for the help. I will report back once I get the new pump

Fishjustin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I see where it mounts. Do you know if the plug is the same thread size as the pulse limiter? Also any idea what the thread pitch and diameter is of the fuel pump screws?

Fishjustin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I see where it mounts. Do you know if the plug is the same thread size as the pulse limiter? Also any idea what the thread pitch and diameter is of the fuel pump screws?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Screws are 10-24NC.-----You need the gasket.-----Yes remove pulse limiter and get a pipe plug for it.----1/8-npt is the pipeplug size I think

Fishjustin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Worked like a champ. Thank you for the help. I disconnected the vro. Do I need to disconnect anything else