2000 Johnson 90hp outboard model J90PLSIF

903CCL

Recruit
My outboard has started to have one problem I can't figure out. When I take it out and start it up it idles fine then when I put it in gear and accelerate slowly it dies over and over. If I start it in warm up mode and rev it all the way up quickly then back to neutral and then put it in gear and accelerate full throttle the boat will jump out the water, then I quickly pull back on the throttle so i don't continue to accelerate to fast. It will run fine after doing that even stopping and going until I kill the motor again. If I kill the motor and sit a little while it will do the same thing all over again. I have replaced all fuel lines, primer bulb, fuel filter outside the cover, fuel filter and o ring inside the cover, and spark plugs. I gave it a good carburetor cleaning and a seafoam soak. After doing all this the first time putting it in and cranking it I though I found it because it started right up and i could accelerate slowly but after driving about 10 minutes then killing the motor for about 30 minutes when I started it back up the problem again started. 2000 90 hp Johnson model #J90PLSIF

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Verify that throttle roller has not lost its outer skin. Part #323326