94 Johnson 115

Fishjustin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Starts cold and sounds good with the high idle lever slightly up. After running for about a minute or so and as it gets warm it dies. Even does this with the idle lever half up. Just rebuilt the fuel side of the pump so I dont believe it's that. It ran prior to me pulling it apart to replace the rectifier. The ball does seem to go flat and if I squeeze it pretty hard it will keep it going. I dont know what to check next. What should my fuel pressure be at an idle with an inline pressure regulator? I did have to remove the stator to do the rectifier. Did I mess up the timing when I did that? I did not touch the timer base

SweetD

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How about your carbs? Given them a good cleaning? Could be your low idle circuit. I've had this in the past and it was the carbs.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Check your compression and your spark so it will jump a 7/16" open air gap on a spark tester.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
"The ball does seem to go flat" If you mean the Primer Bulb in the fuel line, that would indicate an restriction in the fuel line upstream of the bulb, or the tank not venting properly