evinrude accelatate crazy

Racso_21

Cadet
I bought this motor not to long ago , nice motor looks good and clean starts right up all is fine until it gets to full throttle it starts to sound like if its going to blow up, it does not has a steady sound like, instead it sounds loud and for half a second and low. I will post a video soon , in the meantime any help towards directing me to the problem is greatly appreciated

F_R

Supreme Mariner
That's an easy one. You are revving it out of the water with no load on it. You are correct on one score--you could blow it up. Don't do that. Put that boat in the water where it was designed to run.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Plus one on above.

Suspect you have a.cooling issue, too. Should be water coming out the telltale and propeller. Could be why your alarm is going off..

maybe368

Seaman
Replace the impeller at least. I usually replace the whole water pump. It should be part of regular maintenance. I used to have a device, made in Australia, that was a spring loaded damper that clamped to the propeller and mimicked the back pressure of the water and allowed you to tune the engine without putting it in water. I made the mistake of running up the throttle without taking it off and it was damaged. I haven't tried to repair it yet...Mark

Racso_21

Cadet
That's an easy one. You are revving it out of the water with no load on it. You are correct on one score--you could blow it up. Don't do that. Put that boat in the water where it was designed to run.

it do the same in the water also, and it barely pushes the boat , thanks though

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Start with the Basics, Compression Test, Spark able to jump 3/8" gap, fuel to all carbs, and carbs clean of dirt and gum/varnish. Proper Max Timing

Racso_21

Cadet
Plus one on above.

Suspect you have a.cooling issue, too. Should be water coming out the telltale and propeller. Could be why your alarm is going off..

yes it is not a clear video of it but it is water coming out the prop and it pumps also , i have to find whats with the alarm still

Bosunsmate

Admiral
yes it is not a clear video of it but it is water coming out the prop and it pumps also , i have to find whats with the alarm still

Yes it may be one of the heads is blocked and not the other. Sounds good apart from the alarm

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If the boat does not move in the water than drain / inspect gear oil.-----Could be gears are damaged !!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
So, in the water it revs like it is in neutral and barely pushes the boat? Spun prop hub.

Racso_21

Cadet
So, in the water it revs like it is in neutral and barely pushes the boat? Spun prop hub.

nah what i am trying to say is it pushes the boat but when trying to speed up to like open throttle it makes the crazy sound