Water in cylinder

sdbeans

Cadet
Well I took the head to a shop I found. Was warped. Machinist said he will try to resurface it. Said it will increase compression. Should I be co corned about that and look for a new head. Also do I need to worry about the block being damaged from the apparent overheating that had warped the head.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Heads warping is NORMAL every one I look at is warped to some degree.----It is the nature of aluminum castings with time !!------Easy to fix at home with a flat surface ( glass ) and valve grinding compound.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
.020 will be fine and only add about 2-5 psi max.
I buy mine shine from local fellow who also makes some awesome peach flavor ..

sdbeans

Cadet
Shop called. I get the resurfaced head Friday and also new gasket. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again. Still would like the watermelon shine recipe.

sdbeans

Cadet
So got the resurfaced head. New gasket. Started and sounded much better but after about 10 minutes. Water again in number 3. So frustrating. Base gasket. Block is good. Head is good. Not sure where to look next

sdbeans

Cadet
I haven’t changed the base gasket . I will do that next. That’s my last option.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Not uncommon for folks to doubt my suggestions !!-----There are many folks who simply do not know the basics of 2 stroke outboard operation.-----Good luck with your project.

Aaron Huyser

Seaman
Not uncommon for folks to doubt my suggestions !!-----There are many folks who simply do not know the basics of 2 stroke outboard operation.-----Good luck with your project.

I'm not doubting it I'm asking how water gets in through there I understand what a seal does and how they can fail. there is no reason to demean anyone I understand the basics of a two stroke but telling someone to swap something out and not explaining why they need too is pointless not trying to get into it just seems kinda immature to respond the way you .

racerone

Supreme Mariner
???---Aaron-----Water is put into the exhaust after cooling the motor !!------Crankcase suction could pull that wet exhaust into the motor through a defective lower seal. .---And I have no way of knowing the expertise / knowledge of posters.-----Sometimes you get a response from folks saying that they know all things about their motors.-----I just try and steer folks in the right direction------Do you agree , yes or no ?

Check exhaust bypass gasket. Had same issue with 9.9 johnson. Bottom cylinder would flood. Gasket was defective.