CorrosionX

Anyone here use CorrosionX on their motors? If so where do you use it?
I've only used it to waterproof circuit boards (works pretty good for that btw).

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
used boeshield and fluid film. my guess is CorrosionX is just a higher priced version.

I personally swear by Boeshield. good enough for Boeing, good enough for me.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Anyone here use CorrosionX on their motors? If so where do you use it?
I've only used it to waterproof circuit boards (works pretty good for that btw).
if it's the stuff I thin it is, the original owner of my boat used it on the lug nuts.

PCB meant for use in high moisture areas are hermetically sealed at the factory either by potting or conformal coatings.

Spraying a petroleum based substance on a PCB would not be my first, second, or third choice for that matter.

if it's the stuff I thin it is, the original owner of my boat used it on the lug nuts.

PCB meant for use in high moisture areas are hermetically sealed at the factory either by potting or conformal coatings.

Spraying a petroleum based substance on a PCB would not be my first, second, or third choice for that matter.

I've built a few multicopters (aka drones) as a side hobby and have used it to coat the main flight control board in case of accidental water exposure. Wiped off excess and it leaves thin layer on the PCB. Had one stuck in a tree through several days of rain and still works fine - even years later. Could've been luck though.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I used to repair military circuits for years. And they used either Conformal Coating or Humiseal for ALL their circuits. They even used a silicone rubbery coating that was a pain to remove for repairs. But Conformal Coating was a spray that went on like a clear Urethane type paint. If the military relies on such stuff to protect their circuitry, It has to be good. JMHO