1995 Johnson fast strike 175 carbs leaking

Zackvbra

Recruit
there are at least 3 carbs leaking out of the side where the float bowl mates up with the carb body. It looks like the guy I took it to last put some epoxy or silicone on one to seal it up, and drove a screw into the other to try to
get the bow out of the float bowl(shown in pictures). Needless to say, I won’t be using him again...
Boat runs rough, can’t run but 50 mph, it usually runs 61-63. When I choke it, it smooths out.
Would the best route be to just get some carbs and bolt them on? How hard of a job would that be to do
myself?

Attachments

• photo309286.jpg
    photo309286.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo309287.jpg
    photo309287.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The float bowls warp with time.----Hence the leakage / repair attempts.-----Evaluate the condition of the motor before investing in carburetors.----A set of used carburetors may still have the same issue.----When you operate the electric primer valve , fuel goes directly into the engine.-----This fuel bypasses the carburetors.----This clearly indicates work is needed.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
In agreement with racerone... new float chambers are required... carburetors need cleaning and rebuilding.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Usually the carb bowls warp, and warp quite badly, even visible to the naked eye. They can be replaced for $20-$25 each.

The one with the silicone suggested that the carb body is cracked. That will be costly to replace.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Usually the carb bowls warp, and warp quite badly, even visible to the naked eye. They can be replaced for $20-$25 each. The one with the silicone suggested that the carb body is cracked. That will be costly to replace.

Check eBay... I've got some carbs listed there.