1964 yachtwin flush port location?

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
Its almost spring break for me, and with temps getting more decent,(40s, I live in NMi) I'm planning to work on my road picked free motor. Last fall I was trouble shooting the water pump and I wasnt getting flow. I replaced the impeller and now the pump works when spun with a drill, so I know something's probably plugged internally. People are saying you can also check for flow by opening up flush port, but I'm new to outboards and I dont know where that is. If anyone could help that would be great. I'm ordering an Evinrude OEM head gasket for when I check the water passages. Anyone know the torque specs for the head bolts? I'm also rebuilding the carb next weekend, and replacing the spark plugs. It had spark when I found it, and would run on full throttle so I didnt need to replace ignition parts thankfully! I believe its just a carb problem, but I may have to double check the points gap and spray them off with compressed air! I'm getting closer and I believe it will be up and running for the summer fishing season!!!

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
If it's there, the plug Racer mentions looks like a vent or fill bolt use on the l.u. (and might be the same). If you open that puppy when running, you should get a strong stream out the side (obviously not wise for more than a couple of seconds -- would tell you the pump is working right, if any doubt. I'm not sure how well it would work as a flushing point for the powerhead. Certainly could work to back flush down to the pump.