1987 J50tlcud no spark

My ‘87 left me at the ramp Saturday with no spark to either plugs. It ran fine the week before now nothing. I changed the power pack, OHM tested the coils ( which were ok) and replaced the plugs. I’ve pulled the wire off of the emergency kill switch at the control and still have no spark. Any ideas where to go from here. I’m hoping the ignition switch but don’t really know.

I’ve charged the battery showing 12.4 volts and did the troubleshooting on page 39 of the CDI Electronics manual by removing the yellow wires from the rectifier and still no spark.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I fail to see what the yellow wires have to do with it, but who am I to argue with CDI? Anyhoo, disconnect the black / yellow stripe wire at the power pack to isolate the trouble-- motor or external wiring/control.

That wire can’t be disconnected at the power pack as they are part of a “pigtail” connection. The only way to disconnect it is at the ignition switch inside the control

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Well -----I am really sure that you can push the wire / pin out of the connecter ----I have done that test a few times.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
There are special tools for removing/reinserting the pins. Or you can make do with whatever you have. Use alcohol for a lubricant. Or Redneck way, cut the wire. Just sayin'