2004 Johnson 50hp 4 stroke no idle...

Pepe2019

Recruit
Hi Community : Just recently bought a 2004 Bennington 2250LX pontoon with a 2004 Johnson 50 hp 3 cylinders 4 stroke in a very good shape,this is my first outboard ever. Sold my 1973 Sea Shark jet boat with an inboard Corvette engine that restored in 2010,that being said pardon me if my questions don't have any sense.
I did spark plugs,low pressure fuel filter,installed new radio,new fishfinder,oil change and fuel treatment.also lower unit was pressure tested and filled with fluid,all done by myself. Yesterday was the first time I tried to run the engine at home after all these services and didn't start.
after checking the basics ,found that when opening the throttle manually ,started right up,idle quality is not good for my taste but over 1000 rpm runs like brand new. sometimes die when take the control back to idle.any help learning about this will be really appreciated cause am planning to keep this baby for years to come.thanks :)

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Have a look at your spark plugs, see if any look different,
Good job doing doing all that preventative stuff, i did mine years ago and havent had to touch it since. You should also look at doing the impeller too

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Thats good. Also remove them and check the electrodes, see if any are a different colour to the others.
Its like a blood test that shows the health of each cylinder. Post a photo of them if stuck and number which one came from which cylinder. One being the top