1973 65hp Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack79

Cadet
Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody new where to get an impellor kit for a 1973 Johnson 65hp model number is 65esl-73r I cant find a complete set anywhere thank you!!

wrench 3

Commander
It looks like the moderators didn't have to get involved. The site removed it automatically.
So just go with the second suggestion. It may take a few links before you find someone with stock but it's there.

Zack79

Cadet
Yea looks like I can find a few but they are 150 to 190 i was getting them locally for around 50 60 bucks but he is out of business know can I just buy the impellor and use sealant for the gaskets if my impellor housing is still in good conditon

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
You can probably poor boy it, but for a motor that old the whole assembly should be replaced. It all depends on how long you intend to keep it.

wrench 3

Commander
The impeller you need is https://www.iboats.com/shop/sierra-18-3082-water-pump-impeller.html
Originally there were no gaskets on those pumps. There are two seals in the top and a grommet for the water tube that will need inspection. If those, the plate and the housing are in good shape you should be OK.
Most of those older units that I work on the owners don't want to spend much money on. So I stick in an impeller and they work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.