1996 Johnson Ocean Runner 115, new owner! oil/exhaust

Patrick Love

Recruit
Hi y'all
I recently acquired a 1996 johnson ocean runner 115hp with 140 hours on it.

This is my first time dealing having a 2 stokes and i have a few questions/concerns about the motor that i have noticed after spending a few hours running the engine.

First, at ideal speed you see a slight oil slick behind the boat. I can't pin where the oil or unburnt oil is coming from. I have read a few other forms with fellow owners saying this is completely normal and these engine are thirsty for oil.

Second oil/exhaust, I ran the boat for 3-4 hours the other day it started right up, no smoke and absolutely no issues running but at the end of the day i was hooking up the hose to the engine near the exhaust port up top to flush it out and I noticed there as a glob of gray unburned fuel/oil mixture in the exhaust port.This cant be normal right?

Third, I trailer the boat and i have noticed that when the boat sits for a few days down the engine shaft from the top there is a small leak and coats the shift with a blue tint. i haven't searched enough to find where it is coming fromyet. anyone have any pointers where to start.

I know people say seeing oil can be good thing for 2 strokes but i am concerned i am burning to much oil and would like to prevent any future issues.
Any input on the following subjects would be great, thank you all for your help!

Patrick Love

Recruit
No i have been using ethnol free gas.

Am i wrong by saying if the engine was being over oiled wouldn't the exhaust be smoky? (which it has been smoky)

thank you for your insight.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Smoke on a 2 stroke is normal.-------Some oils smoke more than others.------Some gas and oil goes right through the motor without doing anything ( wasted ) and shows up in the exhaust.-----And lubrication in a 2 stroke engine is not well understood and the subject of much discussion.