1999 Evinrude fitch won’t start

Hulkdbeast

Recruit
Hi I’m new to this site looking for some help, I have a 1999 Evinrude that will not start, it stalled out on me in the inter coast close the Davie bridge in Florida got back home while trying to restart the motor I notice movement on the starter tip housing n a broken tooth on the flywheel replaced the starter but the vendix of the starter falls down there’s time where it continues to rotate the the flywheel some one told me it looks like the emm went bad or the engine is off timing snd the emm to Alabama the tech there said there’s notin wrong with it. He ask me to jump the starter from the main feed from the battery the starter signal wire yellow and blue trace the engine continue to rotate then he ask me to do try it w the key and the engine seems to have resistance from starting that that’s the reason why it will not turn over smooth he said that the change in voltage is what’s causing that reaction I don’t know what’s going on here hopelly someone can help me out thanks

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Check the oil in lower unit for metal particles as sounds like the gearcase has took a chit or the engine has seized up.

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Drop the LU, then you can tell if its the engine or the lU. One or the other needs work. Pulling out the plugs may just show you a sign